Mei Zen translates to “beautiful person”
Wisdom steeped in the ways of the Ancient Doctors of China helped in the development of Acupuncture. The Ancients spoke of how the outside of the body reflects our inner workings. The results of cosmetic acupuncture reflect not only a change in external appearance, but also an improvement in total body wellness.
The focus is to treat the underlying causes of aging and thereby encouraging a “graceful aging process”. Discover a beauty secret used by Chinese nobility for thousands of years. Now you can harness this time-honored wisdom to reclaim a radiant and youthful appearance and reverse the aging process naturally without cosmetic surgery facelifts, Botox, or anti-aging skin creams needed to achieve beautiful skin.
Non-Surgical Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture:
A time-tested solution to an age-old problem
The non-surgical Mei Zen cosmetic acupuncture procedure is a holistic, natural and comprehensive skin rejuvenation program designed to restore, rejuvenate and relax the mind. The Mei Zen protocol is based on Traditional Chinese Medicine that revitalizes and rejuvenates the face and body. The skin is treated from the inside and outside, utilizing ancient techniques that is very superficial. Drawn from the ancient texts of Chinese medicine, the Mei Zen cosmetic acupuncture is a relatively painless, natural technique. Small, less than hair-width acupuncture filaments are placed in a precise configuration just under the skin’s surface to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin.
Specifically, you may notice:
- More radiant and beautiful skin
- Disappearance of fine lines
- Smoothing of deep lines
- Fading of age spots
- More toned muscles
- Enhanced overall appearance and better health
Facial Acupuncture benefits can include:
- A reduction of acne and rosacea
- Reduced depression & less anxiety
- Better digestion & sleep cycles
- Fewer hot flashes & night sweats
- Reduction in sinus problems, better sleep
Abdominal Cosmetic Acupuncture benefits can include:
- Increased fertility and/or sex drive
- Firmer abs
- Weight loss
- Loss of inches on your tummy
- Improved digestion
- More energy
- Sense of well being
- Less back pain
- Increased libido
- Reduce the size and prominence of scars
Frequently Asked Questions about Cosmetic Acupuncture
A: The Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture System is based solely on the theory and practice of Traditional Chinese Medicine. We believe that it is the perfect anti-aging medicine. External beauty is the result of becoming healthier on the inside. Achieving a more youthful appearance is accomplished in two ways: by improving the balance of Qi in your body and by bringing more Qi to your face.
The Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture experience is a relatively pain-free natural technique. Delicate, small, less than hair-width acupuncture filaments are placed in a precise configuration just under the skin’s surface to stimulate the production of collagen which increases muscle tone and elasticity.
Q: What’s the modern scientific rationale for how Cosmetic Acupuncture works?
A: Inserting filaments into the skin causes little micro-traumas that stimulate the body’s wound healing process. This wound healing process balances out the dispersal of collagen by encouraging fibroblasts (cells that form collagen and elastin fibers) to migrate to the treated sites and lay down new collagen fibers. That means that the skin becomes more collagen- and elastin- rich through the acupuncture process. New, younger looking, firmer skin is achieved.
Q: Will I look younger?
A: 90% of the women reported looking younger with one course of treatment according to a study published in The International Journal of Clinical Acupuncture.
Q: What kinds of results could I receive?
A: Results can vary but here is a sample of the reported effects:
- Improvement in facial muscle elasticity
- Leveling of wrinkles
- Reduction of sagging jowls
- Reduction in puffiness
- Skin becoming more delicate and fair
- Increased collagen production
- Fading of age spots
- Improvement of acne, rosacea and broken capillaries
Q: Does Cosmetic Acupuncture provide any general health benefits?
A: Yes! Here are some of the potential positive effects you can receive:
- Reduction in hot flashes/night sweats
- Better sleep
- Reduction of mild depression & anxiety
- Improved digestion
- May assist in reducing headaches
- Reduction in scars
- Reduction in stress
- Overall sense of well-being
- Decrease Trigeminal Neuralagia & Bell’s Palsy
Q: What is the recovery time?
A: Good news-there is no downtime or side effects. There is no swelling, scarring or significant bruising. . Since MZ works to rejuvenate your face, neck or abdomen without any plastic surgery or potentially dangerous cosmetic procedures. And…it is very economical.
Q: Is Cosmetic Acupuncture right for me?
A: If you are in your thirties or older and want to look and feel revitalized while maintaining the essence of who you are, you are a good candidate for Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture!
- What are the Benefits of Mei Zen Facial Rejuvenation?
- Rehydrates the skin’s external layers through stimulation of the secretion of the sweat and sebacious glands which encourages the regeneration of healthy skin cells.
- Helps exfoliation, aids the proliferation of new skin cells, increases nutrition to the skin’s surface, improves the quality of the skin and promotes a healthy glow.
- Allows healthy “breathing” of the skin, increasing the skin’s protective ability to ward off infections and clogged pores.
- Increases oxygen consumption of the skin’s external layer speeding up the release of carbon dioxide and nitrogen at the cellular level, helps to keep skin deeply clean; contributes to reducing the accumulation of excess oil on the skin’s surface.
- Stimulates the production of elastin and collagen proteins in the skin to reduce and soften wrinkles.
- Reduces and relaxes the tension in the nerves and muscles, improving the integrity of the skin resulting in improved overall facial appearance.
Components of the Mei Zen Cosmetic Program
- Acupuncture, facial, abdominal and overall balancing of the body
- Herbal Tonic therapy to restore balance and overall health
- Food therapy to maximize results
- Eastern Nutritional Counseling
- Mind Body Therapies
- Facial Massages to increase circulation
Success of Cosmetic Acupuncture and Facial Rejuvenation
A. A study published in the International Journal of Clinical Acupuncture showed that of 300 people who received facial Acupuncture, 90% saw marked results after one course of treatment.
As with all Traditional Mei Zen Cosmetic Chinese Medicine treatments the system involves a gradual, healthful process that is customized for you.
Q. How long do the results last?
A. The most dramatic results can last anywhere from 18 months to three years. Some benefits may stay with you the rest of your life.
Cosmetic Acupuncture repairs and restores the health and vitality that your skin enjoyed in earlier years. Time and gravity however, are inevitable and your skin may eventually become damaged again.
To curb this issue , you can repeat the course of treatment and to maintain the changes that you have attained.
How long your new look will last depends a lot on your lifestyle, and whether you are willing to address other areas that may need attention such as exercise, nutrition, and stress reduction, but at a fraction of the cost of other procedures.
Mei Zen Rejuvenation Treatment
A typical protocol begins with a consultation to determine your overall health and if you qualify for the procedure. We will also discuss your goals and which procedure you may benefit from or which one you are interested in: Facial or Abdominal.
This consultation runs 15-20 minutes and is Free of Charge.
If you qualify for treatment, then a 1 ½ hour session is scheduled which includes a complete evaluation, diagnosis and overall body balancing treatment. We then schedule a course of treatments that run usually 2 times a week for 6 weeks.
During this time, herbs and foods will be prescribed that are specifically tailored for your overall health and stated goals for facial rejuvenation. You will also be give home breathing/stress management techniques and recommendations for skin care.
Many celebrities such as Madonna, Prince William, and Gwyneth Paltrow have regular Cosmetic Acupuncture treatments.. TV News commentators, and real estate leaders, are enjoying the benefits of Cosmetic Acupuncture. We always recommend that treatments begin a few months prior to the wedding or event to allow for the treatment to reveal the changes that you will see.
Cosmetic Acupuncture in the Media:
Dr. Oz lists cosmetic acupuncture as one of his Alternative Health Must-Haves. Click here to see the video.
Dr. Andrew Weil gives the nod to cosmetic acupuncture! Check out his blog post here.
(MSN, Philadephia) Cosmetic Acupuncture Offers a Youthful Restorative – Naturally
July 2011: (The Maryland Women’s Journal) Acupuncture Facial Rejuvenation is Good Preventative Medicine
September 2009: (MSNBC GreenDAY) Facial Acupuncture: An Alternative to Botox
November 2008: (Orange County Register) Needles, No Botox: The Face of Cosmetic Acupuncture
May 2007: (New York Times) Hold the Chemicals, Bring on the Needles
May 2004: (USA Today) Acupuncture Gets a Facelift and Much More