Endometriosis is considered in both Western Medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine as an inflammatory condition.
What are the Symptoms?
- Painful, often extreme menstrual cramps
- Chronic pain (lower back and pelvic pain and abdominal)
- Painful bowel movements or painful urination
- Painful sex
- Nausea and vomiting
- Premenstrual or inter-menstrual spotting (bleeding between cycles)
- No symptoms – only discovered through Laproscopic examination.
Functional/Traditional Chinese Medicine differentiates based on patient symptoms and differential diagnosis. In each case the pattern itself must be treated using Acupuncture, nutritional support, stress management and herbal medicines to assist in reducing inflammation and improve uterine receptivity to improve implantation.